Friday, July 30, 2010

Benfica’s Ramires determined to complete Chelsea deal

Benfica’s Ramires is hoping his Portuguese club will release him so he can join Chelsea.The 23 years old player had a successful season with Benfica which saw him help the club to win the Portuguese league trophy.
The Brazil international wants a dream move to the English which is likely to cost the Blues £20million if they go ahead with the transfer.
“I know there has been a bid for me from Chelsea, this is a great honour, it is like a dream come true,'' he told Soccernet. "I have dreamt of playing in the Premier League and now to have the opportunity to play for the best team in the Premier League and for a club with so much history - it would be my dream.
"I hope this can happen, and I hope that I can help Chelsea to regain the Double and also to win the Champions League next season.
"I am looking forward to playing with the likes of John Terry, Petr Cech, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, they are amongst the best in the world, to play with players like this under a manager of the stature of Carlo Ancelotti whom I admire and respect, in a club with so much spirit and winning mentality, would be a tremendous privilege.
"In the process I would like everyone to know I had a fantastic year at Benfica, and I respect them a lot, but this is a dream that I cannot let go."

No comments:

Post a Comment