Monday, August 9, 2010

Official: Portuguese International signed a two-year contract with Fluminense

BYE2 Blues : Deco is now Fluminense's player
The ex-Chelsea midfielder,Deco was officially presented by Fluminense's club president Roberto Horcades,to the media and fans on Monday.The athlete marks his return to Brazil after 13 years playing in England, Spain and Portugal. "The reason I decided to return to Brazil is because there are no more challenges in Europe. I had one more year on my contract with Chelsea, but I wanted a new challenge. For this reason, I signed with Fluminense," said Deco.


"I've never played a professional game at Maracana. It will be a dream come true. I intend on doing with Fluminense what I did in Europe," added he.The 32-year-old is aware that it will take some time to readjust to the Brazilian style of soccer. The athlete signed a two-year contract with Fluminense. His first potential game with Fluminense, according to team trainer Ronaldo Torres, could be in the cross-town classic against rival Vasco da Gama on August 22 in the 15th round of the Brazilian Championship.Deco will wear his customary jersey number 20.



No comments:

Post a Comment